December 7, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010

It's finally stopped snowing, though I dare to say it. Two days of non-stop squall, I am starting to feel like I am living in a snow globe. On the plus side, I have two days off of work. On the down side, I have to days off of work. I really like to get paid, and not being able to go to work is quite a downer.


I'm still amazed at the difference between Northern Ontario drivers and Southern Ontario drivers. It's as if the minute even a flake falls from the sky, everyone here panics and starts to drive like they've just learned how. If Snowmageddon happened in Sault Ste. Marie, where I'm from, people would just say "meh", put their Sorels on and carry on about their day. I mean, the only reason I didn't go to work today was because the muffler was falling off our car and I didn't want to lose it on the long drive out to my store. If our store was open tomorrow I would definitely brave the treacherous roadways and get my tush out there. We went to Canadian Tire first thing this morning to get our muffler fixed, we're good to go.


Since I have a whole two days off, I'm going to do some major Christmas baking. I made some shortbread cookies, chocolate and peppermint cookies and chocolate thumbprint cookies the other day but they're pretty much gone. I had an order for 4 dozen cookies last week and I brought a whole whack for the girls at work. I'm going to forage in my cupboards and see what I can make out of the little ingredients I have- after all it's Snowmageddon 2010, not exactly handy for nipping out to the grocery store for some chocolate chips and coconut!


I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment