July 7, 2010

My (Kitchenaid!) Biggest (Kitchenaid!) Fantasy (Kitchenaid!)

My hand mixer broke the other day, and I am devastated. It only cost $11 at Zellers and I bought it almost 3 years ago, but still. I have the most ill-equipped kitchen in the universe, and the broken hand mixer only makes it worse. In retrospect it probably could have been avoided, but I am The Accidental Martha so of course I would do something stupid to break my mixer. Allow me to explain:


How I Broke My $11 Hand Mixer


Oliver's birthday party is on Saturday and I am making him a Toy Story cake. I made a color-flow design of Buzz and Woody to put on the cake and it turned out awesome (on my third attempt. The first time I used too small of a tip, the second time I didn't flatten my parchment paper enough and Buzz's leg fell off). When I went to mix the Color Flow (Wilton, damn you and your expensive but convenient cake decorating products. Thank goodness for Michael's 40% off coupons), I used my hand mixer not anticipating that the mixture was going to be really, really thick. It was so thick that while I was mixing it, I heard a whirring sound accompanied by the smell of burning plastic. Being me, I ignored it . Moments later, with a loud grinding noise, it died.


RIP you cheap piece of crap.


I know now that I should have used my stand mixer. Now, I say "stand mixer", but take that with a grain of salt. It is a very old, hand-me-down Sunbeam that used to belong to my mom. It vibrates a lot, so as it is mixing things, it begins creeping along to the edge of the table. It needs a vise to hold it down, which I don't have, so I have to hold it with one hand. Essentially, it is a very large and cumbersome hand mixer.


On to my fantasy:


Dear Kitchenaid, I Love You and I Hope You're Reading This


My biggest fantasy is that this blog will become really popular and Kitchenaid will hear about it and send me a lot of free stuff. All I want in the world (almost more than I want babies) is a Kitchenaid stand mixer. I have dreams about it. When I'm using the ol' Sunbeam, sometimes I fantasize about it being a Kitchenaid. A newer, sleeker, fancier stand mixer that does things my stand mixer wont do. Ahhh... Kitchenaid, why must you be so expensive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment