August 9, 2011

The Batman Cake

I had to call the police on my upstairs neighbor the night I decorated this cake. Pissed me off. Imagine trying to decorate a two tier cake for a precocious four year old to the muffled thumping of heavy-bass dance music and screeching girls. It's okay that you didn't invite me to the party, I'd rather listen to it from downstairs while I grind my teeth to nubbins.

Whatever. It was Brady's fourth birthday and he requested a Batman cake, complete with Batman, the Joker and a "Batman-bile" (pronounced "beel", not like "a bitter, alkaline, yellow or greenish liquid, secreted by the liver, that aids in absorption and digestion, especially of fats"). 

Super Auntie to the rescue! I sculpted a Batmobile out of modeling chocolate and baked a vanilla sponge cake with a marshmallow creme filling. No real calamities, it just looked really cool.




You may notice the pictures are taken at an "artistic" angle. This is because it was slightly tilting. Whoops. 

1 comment:

  1. This cake looks amazing! Holy cow you're good :)

    ReplyDelete